The League of Kansas Municipalities (League) provides additional services on a contract basis to meets the needs of cities across the state. These services a customized to your communities specific needs and are offered to our members at a discounted rate.
The following are core services offered to individual member cities. Contact the League office for more information. 785.354.9565
- Codification. The League has over 70 years of codification experience and American Legal Publishing (ALP), the League’s Codification Program Consultant, has an outstanding history of customer service and the ability to work with cities large and small. ALP currently works with 12 other state municipal leagues as a codification or folio consultant.
- LEAPS. The League’s Executive/Administrative Position Search (LEAPS) program assists in filling vacant city manager/administrator positions or other positions and can be tailored to a member city’s needs.
- Model Personnel Policies. Comprehensive personnel policies and guidelines are not only necessary for setting expectations and encouraging employee productivity, but they also help protect organizations from potential lawsuits. The League will work with your city and your community to craft an individualized personnel policy that specifically meets the needs of your city.
- Classified Advertising. This is the primary source for readers to find public job openings in the state and adjacent regions. Classified advertising appears in both the League website and in the KGJ (time and space permitting) for the same low price.
- Training Programs & Events. The League provides a diverse variety of training opportunities and municipal events.
The League produces an extensive list of publications and resources that serve as valuable tools to local government.