The Excellence in Local Government Award is presented annually to an elected city official who has demonstrated outstanding service to not only his or her own city, but has also shown an active commitment to strong local government and service to the League of Kansas Municipalities. Named in honor of E.A. Mosher, League Director from 1960 to 1991, this award is designed to honor excellence and leadership at the highest level.
Nominees for the Excellence in Local Government Award must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be an elected official from a League member city;
- Must have held elective office for a minimum of four years;
- Must demonstrate contributions which have had a significant impact on the quality of life of the citizens of his or her city;
- Must demonstrate contributions in promoting positive intergovernmental relationships; and
- Must show involvement with the League
Guidelines for the selection of the 2017 award winner are as follows:
- Nominations may be made by any elected or appointed official of a League city.
- The Awards Committee of the League Governing Body will select the award recipient.
- The decision of the Awards Committee will be final.
- The winner’s name will be kept confidential until the presentation at the League Annual Conference in Wichita.
Deadline to submit for a nominee for consideration is August 11, 2017.
Nomination form is below. For descriptions and more details, use your mouse to hover over the question text. All fields are required.